Monday, June 26, 2006

Mike's dancing guide and etiquette's

[complaints - because I have a lot of them!]

First off a lot of people nowaday's think that just because they can bump and grind think they can dance. Or for an

even better example... think that just because they know how to shake their ass that's all they need.

:::sigh:::

It really hurts me to see people at clubs or anywhere on the dance floor doing the exact samething for hours and

hours. Just please for once, can you just think, "Hey maybe me doing the same 1 or 2 moves over and over for the

entire night isn't so hot"

When you have someone to dance with... please DANCE WITH THEM, geez!! you know how many times I see 1 of the 2

people just gazeing into space or just looking at their shoes. ooh here's a TIP: hmm look at your partners eye's for

once. no need to stare at them, but damn let them know you're not just there waiting to dance with someone else.


Dancing is about the interaction between you and the other person(s).

I'm just fed up when a girl/guy doesn't know how to interact properly. All it really takes is you looking at them

and seeing what they're up to.


Please be open into different dancing styles!!... I come up to a lot of people where they say, "oh I can only dance

to hip hop, or I only dance to 80's" you know what I say to that!? DON't be narrow minded when it comes to dancing!!

am I all talk and no action? ooh hell no... I'm into hip hop dance, break dance, swing, salsa, 80's and electronica

(and yes they have their own style)... not saying that i'm all pro in all of those categories, but I'm able to

'wing' it and enjoy dancing to them. I get influence by a lot of different dance styles... I just wish other people

aren't soo naive and give other dance styles a chance.


[that's all for now.. will rant more later]

No comments: