Tuesday, September 12, 2006

after a few weeks

So Sunday, september the 3rd. the day that we had a small car issue.. it's done and over with. It was really not that big of an issue, but the only thing that sucks about it is the money that it cost... 150 roughly. eek I know. ooh well the past is the past.

The rest of the day we went back to the casino (MuckleeShoot Casino... i think that's how it's spelled). Guess what I didn't do so hot at this casino. You can't win them all right? Hey at least as this casino, we always got free meals -breakfast, lunch, dinner... you name it. I'm not talking about ooo it's lame casino food, but it was really really good food! I have to mention the all time best part was the sweet shop that was at the casino. Why? Well they serve ice creame. This place was a 5 star rating in my book! You can literally get a triple scoop in a waffle cone for just 3.25, ya I know it's pretty cheap! The best thing about this is that they're really generous with the portions, you practically walk out of there holding a pint of delicous ice cream in a cone.

I want to say that ya I do get emotional and usually food has a big influence on my emotions. Like if I had a pretty good meal or something extremely delicous (ice cream), I'm really happy and giddy afterwards. Ray says that I wear my emotions on my face and it's really hard for me to hide it. I know it is true, if I'm happy or sad or angry you'll definately know. Why hide it right? [I guess I shouldn't be a poker player]

Let's talk about Washington for a lil bit, shall we? My overall opinion of Seattle is pretty good. The city is big enough to satisfy my needs of shops, people and night life adventures. Their market place was the best one I've ever seen so far, Pike's Market Place. I had tons of fun at the casino (even tho I lost and didn't win any money, I still had fun). Oh did I forget to mention that they do have a somewhat small electronic music community there too? That was pretty awesome.

(I know I'm back tracking here but I want to make sure I write this down so I remember it). State of Oregon... ooh boy, lol. I had hope for this state for the fact that it doesn't charge you any tax. It's truely sad when you ask the locals about what there is to do in their own city, yet alone the state, they say there's not much to do. eeKKK!

Canada was soo soo much fun for me, eh. hehehe. For me it'll be the first time I will be going to a different country. I don't really consider going to rosarito or tj in mexico being out of the country.. even tho it technically is. (it's a So. Cal. thing) Soda was called pop and they had fries with gravy... a few of the things I noticed right off the bat. We only stayed in the British Columbia area (fyi). I really really fell in love with this place. It had a nice big city (hey I'm a city guy, and I need it!), it's a place where a lot of people walk around in the city to get from place to place (I really love that, something that Los Angeles is totally missing out on) and the fact that their was an abuntance of cute to hott hott girls around. I mean... I've never seen so many girls where I thought was 'cute' to 'oh crap! down boy...' hehehe.

While we did stay at a hotel, it didn't really get fun until we stayed at the hostel - cheap, fun and walking distance to the bars and clubs. I will admit that I got horribly wasted one night to a point where Ray took pictures of me and it's stuff that I can't show/post online.

BUNGEE JUMPING! whoa what an experience. Just driving to the location was a trip in itself. Our Chevy Malibu literally had to go off roading to get to this place. I mean driving over dirt road and over chunks of rocks... something I don't think this car was made to do. When we finally got to the distination, we were located at the base of the jump, but from there was a cliff and at the bottom was a full on river! I'm not talking about a tiny little river where the water is still enough so you can swim from one side to another... it's a river where you go white water rafting (is that how it's spelled? teehee oh well). The moment of walking on the full metal bridge, was intense. You can clearly see everything below you: the trees, the hill side, the rocks, and the river. We me the two instructors, and got prep for the jump (which was really only like 10minutes). It was a bit scary in the fact that there wasn't much prep at all. All you had to make sure was to jump and not hold on to the bungee cord. Ray went first... he was difinately scared... right before the fell off the edge he had a sick look on his face. It's somethign that I would see in cartoons where someone would get soo sick, their face would turn completely green. *classic* I say. hehehe. Next person was Chris, he's a bit different. He was all smiles during the whole thing, but you can seriously tell that he was scared shitless inside. It was very apparent at the moment before he fell, he was about to shit in his pants. so obviously the next and last person to go was little ol' me. yay! (well that was not what I was thinking at the time) I wanted to back out a bit, but was pressured to go, becuz the other two guys already jumped. :::sigh::: Did I forget to mention that I'm scared of heights and I can't swim??? So in doing this It would be a double death, I would jump and die from the fall or stay alive and die from the river... not a good situation for me. It did take me a while to jump, what was really mind boggling was when the instructor said, "OH SHIT" right at the moment when I was free falling down to my death. See... it isn't a good thing when the instructor says "oh shit" .. this my friends.. really REALLY scared the shit out of me. My life flashed in front of me in not 10 seconds but in about 1 second. Then I bounce up and I was relieved that the cord didn't snap and break... but then I was falling again.. and here my friends I had 5 seconds for my life to re-flash before my eyes.. then after that I was cool and enjoyed the rest of my experience. :)

*highlights of Canada*
Stanley State Park, Grand Trunk Hostel, bungee jumping at whistler, the restaurants and clubs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow that's amazing! i can't believe you went bungee jumping